Pages

August 8, 2010

Marina Tsvetaeva (Russian, 1892–1941)

.
Here, in my Moscow, - cupolas shine.
Here, in my Moscow, - church bells chime.
And tombstones, here, all stand aligned,
Tsarinas sleep there, and tsars.

You don’t know, but in the Kremlin, at dawn,
The air is lightest – and just here alone!
You don’t know, but in the Kremlin, each dawn,
I pray to you - until dusk.

And you stroll along your Neva River, slow,
While I stand alone where my Moskva flows.
With my head bowed low, I watch the blurry glow -
Streetlamps in the dusk.

With my whole insomnia, I’m in love with you,
With my whole insomnia, I am harking you,
While sextons awake in the Kremlin to
Carry out their morning tasks.

But, my Joy, my river – with your river still…
But, my Joy, my arm – with your arm, I feel,
Will not come together, at least, until
The dawn catches the dusk.

Translated by Andrey Kneller


 *

‘Here, in my Moscow – cupolas gleaming!’

Here, in my Moscow – cupolas gleaming!
Here, in my Moscow – great bells ringing!
And the tombs here, facing,
Of Tsarinas, and the Tsars.

You’ll not know, at dawn in the Kremlin,
It’s easiest to breathe – in this world, I mean!
You’ll not know, at dawn in the Kremlin
I pray for you – till it’s dark!

And you stroll beside your Neva;
At that time, beside the Moskva,
Here I stand, with head bowed lower,
In the bright streetlight’s arc.

With my weight of insomnia, I love you,
With my weight of insomnia, I hear you,
At that time, in the Kremlin, too,
The bell-ringers start.

But my river, with your river,
My hand, with your hand never
May meet, my joy, while ever
Dawn and dusk are apart.

7th May 1916

Translated by A. S. Kline
(Source)


5.

У меня в Москве – купола горят!
У меня в Москве – колокола звонят!
И гробницы в ряд у меня стоят, –
В них царицы спят, и цари.

И не знаешь ты, что зарей в Кремле
Легче дышится – чем на всей земле!
И не знаешь ты, что зарей в Кремле
Я молюсь тебе – до зари!

И проходишь ты над своей Невой
О ту пору, как над рекой-Москвой
Я стою с опущенной головой,
И слипаются фонари.

Всей бессонницей я тебя люблю,
Всей бессонницей я тебе внемлю –
О ту пору, как по всему Кремлю
Просыпаются звонари...

Но моя река – да с твоей рекой,
Но моя рука – да с твоей рукой
Не сойдутся, Радость моя, доколь
Не догонит заря - зари.

7 мая 1916

(Стихи к Блоку)



 Marina Tsvetaeva (1924)


Versek Blokhoz

5.

Az én Moszkvámban kupolák ragyognak,
az én Moszkvámban harangok bonganak,
az én Moszkvámban sírok sorakoznak,
bennük sok cár és cárnő álmodik.

S te nem tudod, hogy hajnalban a Kremlben
tisztább a lég, mint a földön és a mennyben!
S te nem tudod, hogy hajnalban a Kremlben
én imádkozom hozzád – hajnalig.

És hídra lépve Névád átszeled,
amikor én Moszkva-folyóm felett
alázattal lehajtom fejemet,
s a lámpák fénye összeolvad itt.

Álmatlanságommal szeretlek téged,
álmatlanságommal figyellek, nézlek,
amikor a kremli száz harang felébred,
s bongás a bongással megütközik.

Csupán folyóvizem folyóvizeddel,
csupán az én kezem a te kezeddel
nem érhet össze, Boldogságom, míg nem
ér el a hajnalom – hajnalodig.

1916. május 7.

Baka István fordítása

[Marina Cvetajeva versei, Európa Könyvkiadó, Bp., 2007]

 ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................