Pages

April 12, 2014

Antonio Porchia (1885-1968)


To wound the heart is to create it.
~
They’ll say you’re walking down the wrong path, if you’re walking down your path.
~
What you do is not what you think you do.
~
A door opens to me. I go in and am faced with a hundred closed doors.
~
Everything is a bit of darkness, even light itself.
~
The shadows: some hide, others reveal.
~
Not everyone does evil, but everyone stands accused.
~
We perceive emptiness by filling it.
~
Even the smallest of creatures carries the sun in its eyes.
~
When the superficial wearies me, it wearies me so much that I need an abyss in order to rest.
~
Only a few arrive at nothing, because the way is long.
~
Man, when he realises that he is an object of comedy, does not laugh.
~
Sometimes I believe that evil is everything, and that good is only a beautiful desire for evil.
~
The love that is not all pain is not all love.
~
Whoever loves knowing why they love, doesn’t love.
~
Don’t uncover, because there might be nothing. And nothing can’t be covered again.
~
Nothing is not only nothing. It is also our prison.
~
Man goes nowhere. Everything comes to man, like tomorrow.
~
I can wait for you longer. Because you have arrived.
~
The less you think you are, the more you bear. And if you think you’re nothing, you bear everything.
~
Fear of separation is all that unites.
~
I’ve come to be a step away from everything. And here I stay, away from everything, by a step.
~
Only the wound speaks its own word.
~
I know what I have given you, I do not know what you have received.
~
Almost without words, you’ve come to this world, which understands nothing without words.
~
Some, getting ahead of everyone, are winning the desert.
~
You are sad because they abandon you and you have not fallen.
~
There are dreams that need rest.
~
One can owe nothing by giving its light back to the sun.
~
Every toy has the right to break.
~
The loss of a thing affects us until we have lost it altogether.
~
Near me nothing but distances.
~
When one does not love the impossible, one does not love anything.




___________
From Voices by Antonio Porchia




.

No comments:

Post a Comment